Monday, June 25, 2012

White Cabinet Makeover

Yay!  I worked on some projects this weekend!  We are really trying to tackle the pile in the garage;  well um I think the pile belongs to me!  Guess I better get on it, huh?

A couple of weeks ago I made a trip to my Dad's house.  He has 80 acres with all these fun little outbuildings, of course I had to bring home some treasures!  That is where I found this little guy.
 It was in a building that my Dad never goes in, just hanging out!  The drawers wouldn't open (no matter how hard we pulled on them) but those little glass knobs were calling to me.  So it has been sitting in our garage for the last couple of weeks.  Miraculously as I was messing around out there this weekend I pulled on the drawer...and it opened!  I grabbed some soapy water and got to scrubbing!  Then came my all time favorite; the sander!  I had to get some enforcement to get the knobs off.  They were attached with washers in the back that were completely rusted.  Sadly the only way to get them off was to break them off....yep you guessed it, they were glass!!  Uggg, made me sad!

Once the sanding was done I took some Watco Danish Oil in Natural and rubbed it all over the areas where the wood was showing.
Then I found some hardware that I had pulled off some of my other projects.  These pulls seemed to fit, do you like them?
Well...notice this is sitting in my house....Do you think I need to keep it?  I was thinking it would make a cute little work station, maybe for my laptop?






Hopefully I didn't picture overload you!  I better run and get ready for work (I am always running late)!
Sharing On:


10 comments:

  1. Came over from Elizabeth and Co. to see your little cabinet. So glad you did not paint over that wonderfully chippy paint. The oil finish was perfect for it. So sad about the glass knobs.

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I keep thinking of where I would have used them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. It is so lovely and rustic! I would love for you to share this over at my Linky Party that is live now called Rustic Restorations Weekend.
    http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2012/06/rustic-restorations-weekend-9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Thank you so much for coming by and linking this up to Rustic Restorations!

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done! Am now definitely following - would love to have you visit and follow back:)

    ReplyDelete