Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pallet Shelf With A Touch of Glam


I finally joined the rest of the crazy crafters and made a Pallet Shelf!  These were actually pretty fun to make!  I thought originally I would put a couple in my son's room for books, but then I had other plans!
My Dad gifted my Great-Grandmothers cookbooks to me sigh; I am so not a cook!  These cookbooks are super cute though!  I love to scroll through them, she has all these little handwritten notes next to the recipes "Really Good", "A Crowd Favorite" =priceless!  Notice I added a couple of wine bottles, yep those are right up my alley, lol!
I have been wanting a sign in the kitchen that said GROCERIES forever!  I had to take matters into my own hands and create one!
I sanded down the wood and then just left it; I like the imperfections!  I grabbed my stencils and craft paint and gussied it up while watching "Storage Wars" with the hubs last night.  Not sure about you but I cannot just sit and watch a TV show, I have to always be doing a couple things at once-drive my husband crazy!
I also made this cute one as well!  This went to Rusty Glamour in my shop space.  Did you see the cool desk I just picked up?  Loving those leather handles!

So have you made a pallet shelf yet?  If not, you can find the instructions from the lovely Anna White here!

Sharing On These Fabulous Blogs:

8 comments:

  1. that is adorable and such a great idea! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! It was a fun and quick project; my favorite, lol! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. That is awesome; so cute to display your cookbooks or magazines too. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks they are fun little shelves, have you made any? I saw on one blog they put it above the door in their home; it was super cute with some greenery coming out. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I love love love this!!! My hubby has 3 pallets I've been eyeballing :)
    I love the way yours turned out! Storage of any kind is always a plus!
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. You commented, but you are no-reply comment blogger, so I couldn't email you my response.
    You are linked to http://www.myrepurposedlife.net/2012/03/catch-as-catch-can-65.html
    Remove the direct url (/2012/03/catch-as-catch-can-65.html) Just use http://wwww.myrepurposeldife.net Will work like a charm. Thanks, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. However, Linky tools is down on my end right now. hmmm

    Love your pallet shelf! super job repurposing!
    gail
    ps please consider removing the word verification. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job, Adriane! This is the first kitchen carryall-shelf I've seen from pallet material. The typography adds a special touch.

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. I hope you'll join the fun each week. Be sure to stop in tonight, and see yourself featured. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete