Sunday, March 4, 2012

Easy Chicken Wire Memo Board

One of my favorite projects is to make chicken wire memo boards.  They are quick, easy, and super cute all hung up!


Here's the low down:

Find an old frame.  Here is mine; a very dated hunter green beauty.

Break out all the goodies so the frame is empty.  (I kind of jumped to the break apart before I remembered to take a pic, sorry!)  Now if you want the chicken wire in it's natural form, you will want to paint your frame before moving onto the next step.  For this project I am painting the wire as well.

Flip the frame over and staple the chicken wire to the back of the frame.  This frame was kind of a pain; my wire was too short, so I improvised and overlapped the wire.

Don't worry about the frame edge, or try to make it look nice when you are stapling.  You will flip it over and no one will notice-awesome!  This is still in the hunter green form, with the silver chicken wire.



Once my wire was all stapled down I flipped it over and spray painted the entire thing.

I love the look of clothespins for the hangers.  Of course I have to glam them up a bit, here's how:

Find a piece of scrap book paper.  Trace your clothespin on the back of the paper and cut it out.

Grab the infamous Modge Podge, or you can use some plain old white glue (I have used them both with equal results).  Attach the paper to the clothespin.


TA..DA..  Easy, peasy, cute memo board!

I made this cute black one for my new office at work!
This is one from my daughters room, perfect little spot for her artwork!  Hers has bee up awhile, looking like it needs a new coat of paint, lol!




Sharing On;



3 comments:

  1. Very cute. I like the clothes pins, and the little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right a very easy peasy cute Chicken wire Memo board. Love little bird, and love clothespins for clips. Like that you decorated them up a bit. so cute. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Love the added decorations. Thanks for sharing at Restyled Sundays!

    ReplyDelete