Thursday, May 17, 2012

Suitcase Table and Sunshine!


Oh boy, where the heck have I been?  I can't believe I let over a week go by without a word on my blog!  I have this little problem lately....it is called gorgeous weather!!  I guess that isn't a problem per say (really knocking on my table right now..please don't let me jinks it!)

I am loving the pretty weather, I have been painting like crazy outside!  The end of the street has all different colors of spray paint on it, oops!  I think I will have to paint over it all black just so it isn't so hideous!  Thankfully I am at a dead end so only I have to look at it!

My sweet little girl graduated from kindergarten tonight..officially summer break for kiddo number 1.  The fun little store where we sell our goodies; (Rusty Glamour) is moving to a much bigger building, so we are busy picking out our spot and thinking of ways to decorate it all up.  Should be interesting to see how this all works out!  The new store is across the street from the current location, so us vendors are probably going to look pretty funny hauling our stuff across the main street in town!

So wanna see what I have completed?  Of course I wasn't the best at taking pictures!


I started out with this cute suitcase.  First I painted it off white, then changed my mind and went glossy white.    So would you have painted it at all?  It was a hard decision, I like the color, well I painted it anyhow!  At the same time I purchased a small wood side table and painted it glossy white as well.  Here is what I came up with:

What a fun little piece!  I also want to show you a couple of pieces my sis has been painting.
Here is a little vanity all painted up charcoal grey.  I loved the little detail on the bottom, so cute!
This cute little side table got a fresh coat of paint!  We are thinking it needs some kind of transfer, or numbers, or something on it (maybe we will get to it!)
This little coat rack was gone lickity split!  The ever popular avocado green, with a fun black glaze.  The lady that purchased this was tickled pink!
This buffet was one of our favorites!  Rox painted it Pistachio green and then glazed it up!  We can't wait to take this one into the booth!

See I have been busy...just not blogging busy, lol!  Thankfully I took a few pictures (there were many more projects!)

Hope you have had some time to complete projects in the sunshine as well!

10 comments:

  1. That suitcase table is so cool! I've never seen one like that!
    www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! It was fun for the first time making one, I am thinking chevron stripes on the top or something like that...has my wheels turning!

      Delete
  2. So cute! I would love to invite you to link up at our Friday Block Party at Curb Alert! The link is open all weekend, hope to see you there!
    Tami
    http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/05/friday-block-party-5-feature-from-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How smart. Love it. And, all your projects are so pretty.

    Im now following. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candy, I will go and check out your blog right now!

      Delete
  4. Hi, I'm following you via At the Picket Fence Bloghop! Love the suitcase table!
    XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that buffet, so pretty!
    Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you style!!!! I can't wait to see what you create next! I am visiting from Thee Blog Hop and I am a new follower! I hope you will stop by http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. that suitcase table is fantastic! i looove old suitcases and have been saving a few. i'll be doing this for sure! found you via the blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete